22 November 2012

I wasn't prepared enough for my solo trip to Dumaguete. Having less than a week before my actual flight, I hastily researched about the top places to go to and most blogs mentioned Siliman University. So as the tricycle driver dropped me off in front of its huge gates, I muttered “Ano ba’ng gagawin ko dito? Magpipicture ng building?” Natatawa na lang din ako sa sarili ko. The guards let me in with no apprehension, not even an I.D. was asked of me. So I went in and faced the ridiculously huge map. Nalula ako pramis. Paghanap pa lang ng mark na “You Are Here” eh sumakit na ulo ko. Hahahaha =)
Pretty-eyed Fish.

After about 10 minutes in front of the map [na mukhang shunga at seryosong naliligaw] I figured it out and decided I wanted to see the Giant Clam and Crocodile breeding area. Baka gusto din kasi nila akong makita. The guards recommended I ride the tricycle again to get there. In fairness, feeling ko nsa U.P. ako.

Entrance fee at the marine lab for visitors is 40.00 and 25.00 for students. Pababayaan ka lang ni Kuya Guard kung san mo gusto pumunta. Hahaha Advice ko lang, magpahid ng sandamakmak na Off lotion o kung anumang insect repellant dahil halatang sabik sa tao ang mga lamok dito. Pwede ka ding magkwintas ng katol kung gusto mo :P
The super friendly dog that welcomed me =)

It's like we've known each other forever *naks* Sayang wala akong dalang pagkain. That makes two of us. Nganga muna tayo, Doggie.
No comment.
Suha Fishes. I'm making that up.
Creepy. Must get out. Mosquitoes are having an unexpected feast too at this point. Not a lot to see inside. Off to the Giant Clam breeding area..
Passed by these. They looked beautiful to me.
Giant clams. Hindi pa sila full-grown. Obvious ba? Hala sige, kausapin ang sarili. 
Kuya Caretaker said it will take years for these clams to be full grown giant clams. That is if I understood him well. I have no idea what we were talking about. I remember him asking me if I was by myself, what I did for a living, photography, ilang years na daw ako photographer.. Inamin ko naman na hindi ako photographer.. Natatawa lang ako.. Ang galing ko talaga sa aktingan :D
Philippine Congress.
Ay, may Cyber Crime Law na nga pala. At nahiya naman ako sa buwaya. Crocodile Breeding Area.
There are 3 to 4 of them here. Nakalimutan ko na yung bilang. Malamok!
Forgot what they're called.
Kuya said I should not get too close because these are highly poisonous creatures. 
Malapit ba ko masyado? Hindi naman ah.
Parang may binubulong na nga sakin yung isa. Hahaha. Nakakaaning pala mag-solo travel.
Whale Bone Museum
When I got back from the crocodile breeding area, Kuya said he opened the Whale Bone Museum for me. Naks. Wala bang libreng juice, kuya? :)

Bones.
More bones.
And more bones. Kaya nga Whale Bone Museum eh.
Kinda sad how neglected these items are. considering that the "museum" supposedly houses the 2nd biggest collection of Bryde's whale bones in the WORLD. Sounds significant to me :(
Trees!
Passed by this fascinating tree when I got out of the marine lab as I was trying to find my way back to the main highway. No one to ask for directions and I was too tired and hungry  to go back to the lab to ask. 

I wanted to take a close-up shot of the tree. BUT..
See that dog from afar? Hinabol ako niyan. Nakalimutan ko pagod at gutom ko sa pagtakbo. Bwahahahahahahaha

0 Sunsets: