30 November 2012

Working on Happiness

This may not be a travel post but I'm writing about it anyway for I feel I am surrounded by unhappy people. 

I was unhappy once. For years even. I guess that's expected when a valuable relationship spirals down. We expect so much from our other half, we tend to forget how we managed to be on our own. We fail to see that there are so many things in this life that should make us happy. 

This.
Maybe we are all broken in one way or another but we don't have to walk around wearing our brokenness. 

Sometimes loneliness makes you selfish. You tend to see things from your point of view alone. What about everyone else who have their own lives too yet they try so hard to accommodate and understand you?

You know that feeling when you get tired of being tired? That's my wake up call. I just woke up one day and decided I did not deserve any more of the self-blaming and feeling pathetic. The people who continued to support and love me despite my difficult self did not deserve it either. 

So I got up and said, I will be okay. And I did. I'll be lying if I say I never get sad anymore. I do, that's when I divert my attention to better things. I read, spend time with my loved ones, or I travel.

Remember that these things are not merely blessings, they are privileges. You are here and that's all that matters. 

0 Sunsets: