22 November 2012

Snorkeling in Moalboal, Cebu

I wish I could say DIVING experience but what the heck. It was still so much fun despite every hassle that we encountered.


Our boat services was provided by Tita Ester from Ester's Homestay. Rate is 1,300 for the trip which includes the Marine Sanctuary and another spot about 10-15 minutes from the sanctuary for 5 Pax. 2-hour duration.

We tried contacting Kuya Dodong because he was highly recommended on other travel blogs but he was out when we called and we only heard back from him when we were about to board the boat provided by Tita Ester. Please forgive me for I will be ranting on this post. The skies and waters were blue but the experience was a bit gray for me.
Moalboal Unedited :)
What I didn't like - lack of assistance from Bangkeros / Snorkeling Guides. Ok, maybe they are just Bangkeros and not the latter but at least let the snorkelers know that the coral reefs are actually IN YOUR FACE in some parts. I hit my foot hard on one of the reefs for lack of sheer warning. I can't help but compare this experience with the one I had in Apo Island kung saan holding hands pa talaga kami ni Kuya Guide kasi he knows I'm not a very good swimmer. Oh well. Masyado ata akong na-baby ng mga instructors sa Dumaguete. Haha

Pero lahat kasi except for me eh first-timer at ako ang naghikayat sa kanila na magsnorkel kami. Lahat medyo nag-aalangan kasi out of us 5, yung isa lang ang magaling lumangoy, yung dalawa, hindi talaga. Pero sabi ko, may life vest naman at gear kaya kaya natin yan. But they only provided 1 gear for snorkeling and the rest goggles lang. Hindi rin adjustable yung goggles kaya pinapasukan talaga ng tubig kasi di mo naman mahigpitan. I think there was some sort of miscommunication kaso sana chineck manlang nila bago kami gumora diba? I guess I'm ranting too much for lack of better service. Para lang kasing eto gear niyo (na kulang-kulang), ayan yung dagat, o sige talon na kayo -___-

I'm not speaking for all of the bangkeros. I'm really hoping this is a one-time experience. Ito ay isang walang bias na opinyon bilang crush ko yung isang bangkero namin. Hahahahahaha *Lande*
Ohai Kuya. Pasyal kita sa Manila?
Also, madaming nangangagat sa tubig na sobrang makati at nakakapantal. Nagmuka nga akong dalmatian sa dami ng maliliit na pantal. Hehe. I chose not to mind though every part of my skin hurts. I was too amused. There's something about seeing the abundant marine life in Moalboal that made me almost forget everything that I've been ranting about. But it was the pain from hitting my foot and scrapes on my knee that had me out of the water. Sanay naman ako na palagi akong may injury kada nasa lakwachahan ako kaso ang hapdi na talaga ng sugat sa paa at tuhod ko.

Tapang-tapangan mode.
Apart from all the rants, it was a super fun activity. We don't have an underwater cam but you can tell from the photo above that the water is super clear and inviting. I am one happy puppy! :)

At natatawa pa din ako sa life vest na nagmistulang kapote. Sobrang hassle yan when we were snorkeling but looking back at the pictures now, which I will share just one, wala, tawa na lang talaga. Parang tanga lang eh. Hahahahaha
Life-vest / Kapote
If I raise both my arms, I'd look like Beavis' alter-ego Cornholio.
Beavis a.k.a. Cornholio. Fitting, right?
"I am the great Cornholio! I need T.P. for my bunghole! Have you seen my bunghole? My people, we are without bungholes." :D

To summarize the experience, I'd go back if I could but I'd really insist on Kuya Dodong as our bangkero and most likely not stay in Ester's Homestay. I'll discuss our stay in that accommodation in another post. Cheers!

Kuya Dodong's Number - 0917-736-9368

0 Sunsets: